DietPiGive your Single-board computer some Lightweight justice. What you'll need:
- 1GB or greater Micro SD card (2GB+ for desktop and multiple software selections).
- Internet Access (Ethernet or Wifi, required to complete the DietPi setup).
- Dedicated USB Drive is highly recommended (Allows DietPi-Software installations to utilize USB over SD).
Step 1 (Download DietPi Image):
Download - DietPi.com
- Download the DietPi image for your board.Devices that are currently under beta:
For experience users who want to skip this guide and dig straight in. Here are the login details:
username = root
password = dietpiStep 2:Write to SD card using Windows:
- Unzip/extract the DietPi.7z
image (ideally your desktop).
- Download Win32DiskImager
- Install and Run win32diskimager
- Click open (blue folder) and select the DietPi_v00.img
- Select the Drive Path
to your SD card (eg: d:).
- Click Write
. Verify this is your SD card, then confirm.Write to SD card using Linux:
- Find the device (eg: /dev/sdb1) you need to write to by using blkid
- Double check that you have the correct dev path for your SD card (eg: /dev/sdb1).
- Unmount the SD card and all its partitions by using umount /dev/sdb?
- Write the image using dd if=/path/to/DietPi_vXX.img of=/dev/sdb
.Optional (Wifi):Pre-configure Wifi Details for DietPi
- Goto my computer, select the SD card and open it.
- Locate the file called dietpi.txt
and open it with wordpad.
- Set Wifi_Enabled=1
- Enter your ssid Wifi_SSID=MySSID
(both are case sensitive).
- Save the file.
- Plug the Wifi adapter into your device, before turning it on.Step 3:Turn on your device
- Plug the SD card into your device and turn it on.
- Wait for DietPi to complete the filesystem expansion (this will automatically reboot your device 2 times). Once completed, the login screen will appear.Step 4:Login to DietPi
- username = root
- password = dietpi NB: v80 and previous versions of DietPi used the password = raspberry
- DietPi also comes pre-installed with Dropbear SSH Server
On first login, DietPi will automatically update. Once completed, press enter to reboot the system. You can log back in again to resume setup.Step 5:On first run, DietPi will ask the following questions regarding this installation:
- Dedicated USB Harddrive Installation?
If you selected Yes, DietPi will start the USB drive setup system. Follow the onscreen instructions. This will configure your USB drive for this installation.More information on USB drives and user data in DietPi.Optional (DietPi-Config):DietPi-Config is a feature rich configuration tool for your device:
- Set Overclocking Profiles.
- Setup advanced networking options (static IP / wifi).
- Mount network filesystem shares (Samba / FTP).Click here for a complete list of DietPi-Config options.Optional (Obtain IP Address):Obtaining your IP address
- In all the DietPi guides, we use 192.168.0.100 as the IP address.
- This will need to be replaced with the IP address on your DietPi system.Click here for details on how to obtain your IP address.
Select Software to Install:
Now you can install the software you require, or follow one of the setup guides for popular/combo programs:DietPi-Software Details for ALL installation options:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5#p5
Additional Help / Setup Guides:(Setup Guide) Accessing files on your DietPi system:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15(Setup Guide) Obtain your IP address:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14(Step by Step Guide) DietPi - Kodi + BitTorrent Combo:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7(Step by Step Guide) DietPi - Hifi + DLNA Server Combo:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16(Step by Step Guide) DietPi - Owncloud:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10